Day 200 –
Let nothing deter you from finishing the masterpiece.
Isaiah 35:3-4 “Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.”
Have you ever put a puzzle together? If you are not a veteran to completing an 1000 piece puzzle it can be very overwhelming. Each one of the pieces poured all over a table with no end in sight, wondering how it will ever turn out?!
Every Summer vacation as I was growing up, we would grab a new puzzle or 2 and put them together before the end of our trip. It was a family tradition that I loved.
There was a process, together time, and in the end a completed masterpiece.
Now, when heading to the beach with my own family, I bring this tradition along.
After pouring out the pieces to a puzzle there’s always steps to take:
- First, we find all the edges, drawing out the boundaries so that the main outline is complete.
- Then we make sure to keep the picture on the box as a guide, so there is always something to turn to incase the blur of many little pieces don’t play tricks on our eyes, or get us distracted from what needs to go next.
- Next, there should always be good lighting, whether natural or a lamp, this will keep all the colors bright and in coordination with the other colored pieces you’ve already laid out.
- Lastly, it’s always good to have other eyes looking at each of the pieces because often they may see something your eyes have just missed.
- Stick with it! After time and hard work, you’ve completed the masterpiece!
Same goes for this journey called Life, it’s like God is putting us together like a puzzle to form a mighty masterpiece for Himself. At points it may feel defeating or like a complete mess, but if we keep our eyes on the light which is Christ we will stay focused and steady on the path that’s laid before us. We have to know where our boundaries lie, and continue to keep the guide of life, His Word, always before us.
And like the puzzle, it is equally as important to keep other believers around us to see things we may have missed and help us stay focused on completing the masterpiece. Then when we are done, it will be so wonderful to hear these precious words, “Well done my good and faithful puzzle maker; Well Done!”
Don’t give up!
Each individual piece is equally as important and needed as another. Without a piece the puzzle can’t be Complete and, like the puzzle, you are a piece in His Masterpiece!